I am getting tired of the Drupal theme selection currently available. The move to PHPTemplate (as well as the the Drupal Themegarden outage) has left few good templates.
Bluemarine… I don’t know. I hate the way it’s low contrast.
I’ve disabled my site’s usual theme and am developing the new one, based off of Bluemarine for PHPTemplate from CVS.
Things I am focusing on:
- Making certain elements look nicer and more modern, for example: comments, node information, etc
- Correctly used relative font sizes (my MAJOR peeve with many themes: I know how to configure my web browser, I want 1em fonts for content text)
- Revamp colors such that text is high-contrast with muted background colors
- Separate in CSS page layout from things meant to be customized, like colors, link styles, etc
- Underlined links with discernable link colors
If you’ve any comments on how things should look, please let me know.
By the way, ignore the nonsense comments below. They’re there to test how comments look. I’ll delete them at some point.